Even the best of us are capable of providing bad service at times. These excuses have rattled around in my head more one than once. What about you?
- It isn’t part of your job description.
- You’re overworked and underpaid.
- The customer is not always right.
- You had a terrible day and just need to be alone.
- You don’t have the right tools to deliver great service.
- Your customers just want a good deal, they don’t care about the experience.
- The customer is unreasonable and rude.
- Another department is responsible for what the customer wanted.
- Your company hasn’t made customer service a priority.
- Your bonus isn’t based on customer service, so why spend any time on it.
- The customer didn’t complain, so they must have been happy.
- You had too much to do and other people were waiting. You couldn’t spend all that time with just one customer.