The Sales Funnel is Dead
on Direct Marketing News (DMNews.com)
A circle of continuous engagement is born.
Circle of Continuous Engagement
- Focus on providing easy, hassle-free, personalized solutions.
- Learn customers' opt-in messaging and communication preferences.
- Engage customers across the multichannel mix.
- Don't “close.” Instead, think of the sale as the beginning of proactive, value-based relationship development.
- Develop a plan for ongoing proactive engagement, i.e. “How can we better serve you?”
- Provide an ongoing value –add, which justifies a price premium.
- Be relevant. Communications must be highly personalized, targeted, and delivered or accessed across the multichannel mix.
Focus on developing ever-deeper relationships with your customers across their ongoing customer experience with your company.
Provide easy-to-find information, access to reviews, etc., to enable prospects to evaluate your company, product, and services against others they're considering. Opinion influencers—such as product reviews, ratings, and testimonials—are critical. In addition, provide convenient contact resources, such as online chat that answers questions, while prospects are still on your website. This high-level of value and service sets an important tone at the beginning of the customer life cycle.
Understanding the factors that make customers want to purchase from you--and then stay with you after the sale—lets you highlight your company benefits and use these key selling points in your marketing. Put in place the means by which customers can easily access information and help along the way from pre- through post-sale phases.
Consumers are shopping via multiple channels and devices often at the same time. Don't create barriers by being unavailable or making it difficult to engage across the channels your customers prefer.
Keep customers actively engaged via preference-driven, personalized communications and experiences. Provide ongoing information to improve their lives, solicit feedback, and stimulate purchases of relevant new and add-on products. Make your customers feel as though they are a part of your company's community through a multichannel relationship-focused continuous cycle of engagement.